Sunday, January 10, 2010

St George

I got a GPS thingy before I left, and so I can tell you that my GPS coordinates are 28º 02' 01.9" S 148º 35' 13.3" E. If you copy and past into Google you can see where I am.

I had planned a blog entry around a photo I was going to take of the "Welcome to Queensland" sign that I envisaged. One small problem... there was no sign or any acknowledgment whatsoever where I crossed at Mungindi.

No dramas on the road today, just hot and boring! The road was very quiet once I turned off the Newell Highway at Moree. I guess I might have passed a car every 50kms or so.

I left Newcastle at 7am, after packing a few final things. I think I forgot my thongs though! They would be very handy because I think I may be developing an ingrown toe nail, as it's very sore and a bit swollen. It's a pretty damn inconvenient time to be developing one if that's what it is! I realise that's probably a pretty weird thing to post on a blog, but hey, role with it.

Pretty tired, but okay, and the car is thus far going fine!

UPDATE: I found my thongs in the car so my toe is now living a life of luxury!

No comments: