Sunday, January 10, 2010

More of St George

I went for a very nice walk along the Balonne River this afternoon at St George. It's a really nice, wide, very brown river. Very peaceful, apart from the occasional water skier.
Of course, all that water means that cotton is a big industry out here. Apparently so much that they felt the need to remind people by etching it into the footpath. I know it's clichéd, but the people I've talked to have been really friendly. I've also discovered that the best way to make your self known as a New South Welshman is to order a schooner of New in a pub. I know now it's all about pots of XXXX. It's those little things one needs to learn...
On a final note, St George seems to be in a weird media market, as the TV has ads for the Northern Territory, Queensland and New South Wales. Weird.

No comments: