Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another day another, well, not dollar...

I've noticed that every day I've been in Mount Isa so far, the predicted temperature has risen by one degree.

I got here one Tuesday and the top was a warm but manageable 36 degrees. Today it is a hot 41! I'm not sure what the forecast is for tomorrow, but let's hope the trend doesn't continue indefinitely.

I'm feeling a fair bit better today, it's amazing what a good nights sleep will do! I had an early night, and woke up and checked out Mount Isa Uniting Church this morning. It's a small and elderly congregation, but it was good to have something to do and someone to talk to, even if it was just over a weak cup of tea. Still it's a shame there wasn't anyone close to my age there.

And this afternoon I'm having a beer with someone from work, so that will be good too.

I spent most of yesterday cleaning and unpacking, and this morning have done a huge washing up of all my kitchen stuff. I do want a couch pretty badly, but it will have to wait until I have a bit more money.

Anyway, just wanted to put up a quick post to let people know that I am okay. Still overwhelmed, but I'm excited to be starting work tomorrow!

No comments: