Wednesday, January 13, 2010

House hunting

No photos today, as I've spent most of the day house hunting or sleeping!

I'm really, really tired, I guess the driving is catching up on me. I've seen a few places today, and am waiting to see a shared house this evening that I'm feeling good about. So fingers crossed!

I have also discovered that I can come sit in McDonalds and use their free wireless internet! It's much better than paying to use to internet in my motel room. Now, I know that some of you will disown me for visiting McDonalds, but I'm not buying anything and I'm using their internet, so really I'm just ripping off the corporation. Power to me!

I had intended to do a few touristy things, but by the time I saw a few units and got some groceries for lunch, I was absolutely exhausted and had to have a nap! Maybe the heat it zapping me too. It's not too hot, but I've been driving around in my car and as it turns out there is pretty much no shade in Mount Isa. This makes for a sweaty and dehydrated Stevo.

Most of the real estate agents have this policy that I have to drive past the place I want to rent before I can inspect it. So that's what I've been doing today, and I've got a jam packed morning full of inspections-proper. The weird thing is that there doesn't seem to be any apartment blocks here, in the way one would see in Newcastle, Sydney or even Parkes. There are a lot of big houses that have been divided, or a block of maybe four little apartments constructed out of cinder blocks on a very narrow block.

If anyone wants to lend me a few hundred thousand, we can go into the property developing business. The market seems pretty tight up here, more expensive than I thought it would be.

But hopefully I'll have a place soon!

No comments: