Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Australia's best butt

I had an unusual experience on the weekend. I was a judge at the Mount Isa heat of Australia's Best Butt Competition.

Yep, you heard me. Australia's Best Butt Competition. It's part of the program for the Dirt 'n' Dust Festival, which is heard in a little town called Julia Creek.

View Larger Map

As you can read in The North West Star, it's not the size of the butt that counts, it's how you use it. Basically, people are encouraged to get up and wiggle their butt as best they can to encourage an audience reaction.

There were pole dancing moves, hand stands and everywhere in between. Naturally, some require a few beers before they think it's a good idea.

So yes, it was an interesting night, to say the least. I became a judge because I was doing a story on it mid week, and was asked by the organiser.

Um, yeh. Butts.

No comments: