Thursday, March 25, 2010

Birthday celebrations

It was my birthday yesterday!

It was a pretty good day. The people in Mount Isa remembered, and I got a lot of phone calls and text messages from people back home who remembered too. A good balance!

I must make special mention of Brad Thompson, who walked out still very much asleep, unable to open his eyes, and mumbled "happy birthday Steve." What a great effort to remember, he really dug deep.

I also got page one on my birthday. Okay, so the story isn't going to win me a Walkley Award, but a page one is a page one.
It was also really nice that the people at work remembered. We shared a cup cake and I even got a present!
So, Nicola and I have been having the occasional Disney movie night, much to the amusement of people in the office. So that was my present... And I loved it!

Last night was all about beer and pizza at the Isa Hotel. Work people and a few other friends came out and bought me drinks! It was a pretty good night.

Thanks to everyone who called and messaged. It was much appreciated.

And as promised, here's a picture credit for Brad Thompson. Thanks for taking the photos Brad.

No comments: