Friday, March 5, 2010

Back in NSW

Well I'm back in New South Wales for two weeks.

I've got a training week next week, but have also managed to get the week afterward off, so it's a chance see everyone and not have to pay for flights! Win-win.

I'm sitting in my friends Nic and Eve's place, and just finished a few stories I hadn't quite done and emailed them back to Mount Isa. It's raining gently here, and the funny thing is I think it's the same weather system that was making Mount Isa wet for a few days before I left that has moved down here. I'm just following the bad weather.

I'm really looking forward to seeing people. I'm going to be in Newcastle for a few days and then in Moss Vale for a few days which will be nice. It's weird to be back in Sydney after only a few hours on planes, as opposed to three days driving.

I stayed overnight in Brisbane last night because you can't get a connection if you catch the last flight out of Mount Isa. I stayed at the YHA in the city, and shared a room with this old Irish guy name Tom, who was a bit of a character. I don't know Brisbane at all, but it was so late by the time I got there I went and had a beer at the pub down the road and just wanted to go to bed.

But anyway, I'm here now.

No comments: