Sunday, April 4, 2010

Big fish!

Mum and Dad in Mount Isa at the moment, which has been great (they bought me a trolley load of groceries!).

Tonight we went fishing out at Lake Moondarra. The secretary of the Mount Isa Fish Stocking Association had leant me some lures and given me some advice on spots, times and technique and out we went.
As you can see it was an absolutely beautiful spot. The sun just poked out from behind a cloud when I took this photo. Dad here is quite hopeful that he might actually catch something!
And he did! He was very excited to catch a fairly sizable barramundi! As was I, trying to get it into our bucket!
Look at the size of that fish!

Combined with a bit of a picnic at the lake and a few beers, life was very good.

I've got some other photos of Mum and Dad's visit to put up, but will do it later.

No comments: