Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Free beer

I just played trivia at the Buffs Club (short for the Buffaloes Club, because that makes it so much clearer) and I'm pretty happy that my team, which consisted of me, Nicola, Brad, Elodie and her friend Josh came in third on debut. Actually we came in tied second, but the we lost the tie-breaker.

But, it does mean we got a $20 voucher, which was decided to go towards a jug of beer next week. Being young professional types, we had to head home, and couldn't just stay up drinking free beer like we did back in those heady university days...

In less funny news, there's been a bit of trouble with a local kid who keeps peering in people's door and walking in every now and then. Brad and I have seen him around and apparently he entered our neighbours flat the other day. So that's not great, but it just means we've got to take extra precautions, and I find myself triple checking that I've actually locked the door. We haven't had any trouble yet, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments: