Sunday, August 3, 2008

my room

Not much has been happening in the last week or so, so I thought I'd show you my room. Particularly because mum always likes to know where I'm living!

So this is the view from the door, or a little ahead of it. To direct left is a massive cupboard, and to the right is the door to the bathroom. You can see where I've been drying my clothes. It's weird actually to wash clothes in the water here... the don't quite come out clean or smell quite right. Don't quite know what the little alcove is all about, because behind the brown doorway thing, the alcove in front of the window is as wide as the rest of the room. You can also see my little fridge behind the stool, perfect for keeping a few Yanjing icy for when I return from a hard days work.
Obviously, this is my bed. It's pretty hard, but I actually think my back is feeling better for it. We have our own TV, and there are a couple of english channels. It's interesting to watch the english CCTV channel (state media) to see what it's like. I'm actually surprised to see stories about internet censorship and pollution on there.
So this is pretty much the same position, but you can see my desk, where I'm sitting right now, as a matter of fact. The tall metal thing in front of the TV is a flask of hot water. You get a new one each day, so you can make two minute noodles, or a cup of tea. You can see I really cleaned up for the occasion...
So this shot doesn't really need any explanation. I'm standing in the shower, which is pretty good really, except there is no kerb, only a shower curtain. The floor just keeps going out onto the bathroom floor. So water kinda goes everywhere. Have been brushing my teeth in the local water since almost the very beginning. It's kinda like washing my clothes... they get clean, but not quite clean.
Had a day off for the first time in a week and a half, and it was great! Slept in, watched some of the Friends marathon that was on TV, and then went out to watch the Wallabies get flogged by the All Blacks. Now I'll be on every day until the Olympics, and then everyday once they start...

No comments: