Thursday, July 17, 2008

training and birthdays

The last two days have been training days with the other universities. It's been pretty dull, because it's been mainly going over what we did online while back in Australia.

But I guess it makes sense to go over things to make sure we definitely know it. Some people have training in their venue from tomorrow, but I don't start until the 23rd. I'm going to try to get to Shanghai to visit my friend Dave (or Fel's friend, to be accurate!). 

Today was a guy in our group's birthday. We went to karaoke at the same place I went to a few nights ago. It was a lot of fun, thought I may have had one too many Tsing Taos (a rather watery local beer). But it was lots of fun.

I asked my old mate Freddie if he wanted to come, and he was a hit. More than a few people in our group were asking why I invited him, they were worried he would steal stuff. But Freddie is a good bloke. He sang a song for us in Mandarin and was quite the star.
And then of course, there's our "responsible" lecturer. Scottie and I played a bit of tennis yesterday. It was a whitewash. We played one set and it was 6-1. But hey, I won one game! I can only improve...
Anyway, looking forward to having a few days off. Hopefully will get to Shanghai and back. Still going really well, though today and yesterday was the start of beginning to miss stuff from home.

No comments: